Thanks to our friends at Baja Bound Insurance for this news, a new and reliable application is now available to predict and self-report border wait times. Other sites and reports on border wait times have had all of the efficiency and reliability of the Department of Motor Vehicles. snicker.
Giving this its own page for ez access(see page listings above posts). Yippee, Skipee!
By Jack E. George and Baja Bound Staff
Thanks to the ingenuity of a group of students attending the University of California, San Diego, they have created a mobile app, “Best Time to Cross the Border.” The university students have built the app to determine traffic patterns along the United States border for travelers entering the U.S. from Mexico (or Canada). The program allows you to have some control over your wait time at the border by deciding the best time of day to cross. The app, which is for Android or iPhone, provides drivers with real time border wait information. It is also integrated with Google maps.
Features of the mobile app:
- Current wait times for passenger lanes – regular lanes, Ready lanes, and SENTRI
- Information available for California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas crossings
- Current U.S. border wait times – as reported by Customs and Border Protection
- iReport feature – User reported wait times in real time
- Typical wait – average historical wait time for this day and time over the past 3 months
- Number of lanes open at every port
- Last update – Information is updated hourly
- View the best times to cross the border via historical graphs
- Set your default start screen to your most used border crossing
- The free app is downloadable from Google Play for Android and iTunes App Store for iPhone